英语驿站

称重的英语怎么说 仔细考虑的英文怎么表达

称重的英语怎么说 仔细考虑的英文怎么表达

昨天谈到我们的外教Lawrence最近的日子一直过得很紧,有同事就问他离婚后日子过得这么苦值得吗?这哥们儿慎重地点了点头: " I‘ve weighed up my options before I decide to divorce." 这会儿会计小刘又好奇地问了: "他这里所用的 weigh up不是称重的意思吗?前两天Lawrence 去超市买苹果时还说过‘Weigh up these apples for me please! (请帮我称一下这些苹果的重量)‘呢,难道说选择(options)也可以称量吗?"


呵呵,这个问题问得好!"weigh up"的确有称重的意思,但你想啊,既然要称量一个东西,就说明你在心里得盘算一下这个东西值不值得买吧,这就引申出"weigh up"的另一层含义~“估量、掂量、衡量或权衡利弊”,所以刚才Lawrence那句话的意思是: "在我决定离婚之前,我已经权衡了(离婚)选择的利弊。"

weigh somebody/something up

na. 称量;称出;估量;掂量;衡量;就…仔细考虑(利弊);就…权衡

【En】To think carefully about the advantages or disadvantages of a situation before making a decision. 在做决定之前仔细考虑一种情况的优点或缺点。If you weigh someone up, you try and find out what they are like and form an opinion of them, especially when you are suspicious of them. 如果你衡量某人,你试着找出他们是什么样的人,并形成对他们的看法,特别是当你怀疑他们的时候。To make an assessment of (a person, situation, etc); judge.对(某人、情况等)作出评估、判断。To consider something carefully so that you can make a decision about it. 仔细考虑某事以便作出决定。To watch someone and listen to them carefully so that you can form an opinion about what they are like. 观察某人并仔细倾听他们的意见,以便你对他们形成看法。 To measure the weight of something. 测量某物的重量。To attempt to determine someone‘s strength, intelligence, skill, integrity, etc. 试图确定某人的力量、智力、技能、诚信等。


搞懂了词义,那就接着来练练听力吧~

weigh up 打量与衡量.mp30:51

来自穿梭英语Transpeak

• I could see that he was weighing me up.

我能看出他在打量我。

• I‘m weighing up my options before I decide to apply for the job.

在决定申请这份工作之前,我正在权衡各种选择。

• Before buying weigh up the advantages and disadvantages of each type.

在购买之前,先衡量每种型号的优点和缺点。


• She knew there wasn‘t time to weigh up the situation.

她知道没有时间来权衡形势。

• The boss weighed me up when I first walked into his office.

我第一次走进老板办公室时,他打量了我半天。

• She was watching him closely as he spoke, weighing him up.

他说话的时候,她仔细地打量着他。

• He weighed up his chances of success.

他估量了一下成功的机会。


• We‘re still weighing up the pros and cons (=the advantages and disadvantages) of the two options.

我们仍在权衡这两种选择的利弊。

• We weighed each other up for a few moments without speaking.

我们互相掂量了一会儿,没有说话。

• It was obvious that she was cautiously weighing me up.

很明显,她在谨慎地估量我。


【活学活用 give an example】

• I could tell everyone was weighing me up when I walked into the office for the first time.

当我第一次走进办公室的时候,我能感觉到每个人都在打量我。

• I‘m trying to weigh up the advantages and disadvantages of working from home.

我正在努力权衡在家工作的利弊。

• We really need to weigh up our options here.

我们真的需要权衡一下我们的选择。


• I‘ve weighed up all the pros and cons, and I think this is still the best phone for what I need.

我权衡了所有的利弊,我认为这仍然是我所需要的最好的手机。

• You are not conscious of them weighing you up, but they do.

你不知道他们在掂量你,但他们确实如此。

• I can not weigh them up and judge them.

我无法衡量和评判他们。


• Let me weigh up that produce for you.

让我给你称一下那些产品的重量。

• The explorers weighed up the treasure they had found.

探险家们称了称他们发现的财宝。

• I can‘t tell you how much this will cost until I weigh it up.

在我称过重量之前,我无法告诉你这要花多少钱。

• Liz weighed up the meat and jotted down the price.

利兹称了称肉,然后草草记下了价格。


赞 ()
分享到:更多 ()

相关推荐

后台-系统设置-扩展变量-手机广告位-内容页底部广告位3
留言与评论(共有 0 条评论)
   
验证码: