英语驿站

洪水的防范措施英语句子 如何应对㓋涝英语怎么说

洪水的防范措施英语句子 如何应对㓋涝英语怎么说

暑期,我国的强降雨过程一轮接着一轮,在经历了一个非常短的降雨间歇期之后,新一轮强降雨又再次拉开帷幕。汛期如何预防和躲避突发洪水,如何规避和自救?

Flash floods can strike with almost no warning.

洪水爆发前几乎没有任何预警。

Heavy rains can escalate quickly and turn a light drizzle into a raging river.

暴雨形成及其迅速——刚刚还是毛毛细雨,不一会儿就已经出现湍急的河流。

From Lifehacker, this is the Disaster Manual.

本节目来自“生活骇客”的《灾难手册》。

First, here‘s how to know if a flood is coming your way.

首先讲的是知晓洪水即将爆发的方法。

You might receive an alert from the National Weather Service.

你可能会收到国家气象局的预警。

If a Flood Watch has been issued, that means flash flooding is possible in your area.

如果当地发布了洪水预警,这意味着你所在的地区很有可能发生洪水。

A Flood Warning means that floods are already occurring and you should be prepared to evacuate.

洪水预警代表着洪水随时可能形成,要做好疏散的准备。

As soon as you receive word of a flash flood, make your way to higher ground, which is any ground or structure that‘s higher in elevation than other ground.

一旦得到相关消息,就要去地势更高的地方,也就是比其他地方海拔更高的地方或建筑。

Water is always going to flow down so hilltops, upper levels of buildings, and other elevated areas are less likely to be affected by flood waters.

水总是往下流,所以山顶、高层建筑,还有其他高架地区受洪水影响的可能性较小。

If you see flood waters, head in the opposite direction.

如果看到洪水,要朝相反的方向走。

Avoid all moving water if possible.

尽可能绕过湍急的流水。

Even six inches of rushing water can knock you over and sweep you into peril.

即使是六英寸深的激流也能把你打翻并使你陷入危险之中。

If you must walk through water to safety, find spots that are shallow and stagnant.

如果必须经由水里走到安全的地方,要找水浅或者有死水的地方。

Use a sturdy stick to gauge water depth in front of you and check the stability of the ground.

用一根结实的棍子测量水深,并检查地面是否坚硬。

Watch out for mud and other slippery surfaces like rocks.

小心泥土和其他光滑的表面,比如岩石。

Avoid any electrical equipment like fallen power lines and if flood waters have reached your home, do not use your electricity.

要远离各种电力设备,如倒下的电线,如果洪水已经侵袭到了家里,不要使用任何电器。

If you do get swept away, float on your back, shoulders first.

如果你真的被冲走了,先仰面、让肩膀浮起来。

Your head should be pointing in the direction the water is flowing from, so you‘ll be able to see debris careening toward you, which is more important than seeing where you‘re going.

你的头应该对着洪水流过来的方向,这样你就能看到向你流过来的各种杂物碎片,这比看你要去哪里更重要。

Always go over obstacles, never under.

要从障碍物上方游过,不要去到下面。

And grab or climb onto something as soon as you‘re able.

然后尽可能地抓住或爬上某个物体。

If you‘re traveling in a vehicle, never attempt a water crossing.

如果你正在交通工具上,千万不要尝试过河。

You cannot accurately gauge water depth from inside a car.

因为你无法在车内准确地测量水深。

As little as six inches of water can cause you to lose control and stall so turn around and find another route.

哪怕只有六英寸深的水也会让你失控、失速,所以要另寻出路。

In the event that water overtakes your vehicle, get out immediately.

如果水没过了车,要立即下车。

Unbuckle your seatbelt and roll down the windows.

解开安全带,摇下车窗。

Break them if you have to.

必要时可以击碎车窗。

You‘ll want water to flow freely into the vehicle to equalize the pressure building up outside.

这样水才能流进车里以平衡水压。

Then you‘ll be able to open the door and swim out.

然后你就能打开门游出去了。

Wherever you find yourself, remember, get to higher ground, wait for the waters to subside, then get to safety.

无论身在何处,记住,要到较高的地方,等水退去后再去安全的地方。

赞 ()
分享到:更多 ()

相关推荐

后台-系统设置-扩展变量-手机广告位-内容页底部广告位3
留言与评论(共有 0 条评论)
   
验证码: