爱思英语编者按:似乎每个人都很忙,我们可以忙得四脚朝天,也可以忙得不可开交。英文里,其实也有对应的表达方式,我们一起来看一看吧。
1. All hands on deck
全员各就各位
As the opening day approached, it was all hands on deck to get everything ready in time.
由于开业时间迫在眉睫,所有人员必须各就各位,及时做好各方面准备。
2. Hive of activity
一片繁忙的景象
When I arrived at the office, the place was already a hive of activity with everyone buzzing around.
当我到达时,办公室里已经一片热火朝天的景象,每个人都在忙的团团转。
3. Rushed off your feet
忙得不可开交
I am exhausted. I’ve been rushed off my feet all day at the shop.
我感到筋疲力尽。我在店里的一整天都是忙的脚打后脑勺。
4. Work your fingers to the bone
拼命地做,非常努力
He deserves his success. He worked his fingers to the bone when he started the business.
他的成功归功于他自己。刚开始创业时他工作非常努力。
5. Roll up your sleeves
卷起袖子准备大干一场
If we’re going to increase our market share, we’re going to have to roll our sleeves and get new customers.
如果我们想要增加市场份额,我就需要撸起袖子大干一场,获得新的客户。
6. Have your work cut out
按时完成艰巨的任务
They have their work cut out with that client. He is incredibly demanding.
关于那个客户他们有一大堆工作要做。他要求太苛刻了。
7. A race against time
和时间赛跑
I have so many deadlines. It’s a never-ending race against time to meet them.
我有这么多任务截点。要在规定时间内完成简直就是和时间赛跑。
8. Hit the ground running
立即快马加鞭地开展重要工作
He intends to hit the ground running if and when he wins that contract.
一旦他赢得了那份合同,他就打算马上全力以赴开展工作。