名堂的英文:
reason
What the hell are you doing?
你到底在搞什么名堂?
What's your little caper?
你搞什麽名堂
I don't think her idea of becoming a journalist ever came to much.
我认为她当新闻记者的想法没什么名堂.
Ralph was puzzled and searched Simon’s face for a clue
拉尔夫迷惑不解,仔细察看西蒙的脸,想找出点名堂来。
"Well, what have we here?" it inquires dubiously
它半信半疑地在问:“嗯,看看这是什么名堂?”
Their dull masculinity was confronted by something sudden and unexpected in the woman
他们迟钝的男人性格碰上了那女人的又突然又出乎意料的什么名堂。
That little show-off Sondra tried to make something of him.
那个有点自以为是的小桑德拉想帮他弄出点名堂来。
What sb is playing at(usu expressing anger,irritation,etc)
某人在搞什麽名堂(通常用以表示愤怒、烦躁等)
“If you’d put me on it ,where I belong, maybe I could come up with something”
“要是让我参加——这是我的本行——我也许能搞出点什么名堂。”
The boys have been lighting fires in the garden. So they're at it again, are they?
那些男孩一直在花园里点火堆。他们又在搞这名堂了,是不是?
n. 理由,原因,理性,理智
v. 劝说,规劝,辩论
The authority is not reasonable.
这个判例并不合理。
Reasonably adv.
适度地。
This is a potent reason.
这是一个令人信服的理由。
Is this a reasonable postulate?
这是不是一个合理的假设?
A reason to start over new, and the reason is you.
一个让自己重新开始的理由,而这个理由就是你。