Herbert: About 1) anything and everything!
赫伯特: 什么都聊!
Don: Really!
唐:真的!
Herbert: One even said that I was his 2) dream girlfriend.
赫伯特: 甚至有一个人说我是他梦寐以求的女友。
Don: What? Don't you mean dream boyfriend?
唐:什么?你是指梦寐以求的男朋友吧?
Herbert: Oh. I forgot to tell you I 3) pretended to be a 16-year-old girl.
赫伯特: 喔。忘了告诉你,我装成一个十六岁的女生。
Don:4) Are you nuts?
唐:你疯啦?
Herbert: I had to. Nobody wanted to talk to me as a guy.
赫伯特: 我一定得这么做。当我是男人的时候,没人想找我聊天。
Don:I don't know about this. Herbert.
唐:我觉得这样不太妙喔,赫伯特。
语言详解
A: Are you fluent in English yet?
你的英文很流利吗?
B: I dream in English, so I guess I'm halfway there.
我做梦都在讲英文,所以我猜我已经快成功了。
「Nobody wanted to talk to me as a guy.」
这句话真正的意思是“如果别人知道我是男的,就不会愿意跟我说话。”所以说这句话的赫伯特并没有变性,只是让人以为他是女人。
「I don't know about this. 我并不是那么同意(这件事)」
当你无法同意别人所说的话,又无意争吵时,就可以用这句话结束讨论,改变话题。
1) anything and everything 无所不包的
2) dream girlfriend/boyfriend 梦中女友/男友
3) pretend (v.) 假装
4) Are you nuts? 你疯啦?nut是“干果” ,也作“疯子”解释。