Sue: Flowers. Now that's romantic.
苏: 花。这才叫浪漫。
Rose: They're plastic and will never die. They're 1) supposed to be a symbol of endless love.
柔丝: 它们是塑胶的,永不凋谢。那些花象征永恒的爱。
Sue: The two of you were 2) definitely 3) made for each other. Thank God, my match-making work is over……Now 4) it's your turn.
苏:你们两个真是天造地设的一对。谢天谢地,我不用再牵红线了……现在换你了。
Rose: What?
柔丝: 换我干嘛?
Sue:Do you have Don's number?
苏:你有唐的电话吗?
语言详解
A: When were you supposed to pay your rent?
你本该何时付房租?
B: Last week I'm five days late.
上星期,我晚了五天。
「Now that's romantic. 这才叫浪漫」
Now that's……这样的句型所表达的意思,类似中文里头“这才像话”或是“这倒也说得过去”的语气。
A:I'm late to work because I had to take my child to school.
我是因为送小孩子上学才会上班迟到。
B:Now that's not a bad excuse. But I don't want to see you late again!
这个借口倒还不坏。但我不想再看到你迟到了!
1) be supposed to…… 应该是……
2) definitely (adv.) 绝对地
3) made for each other 绝配,天生一对
4) it's your turn 该你了