英语驿站

你大概不记得我了

你大概不记得我了

 Don:Hi, Rose, this is Don. You probably don't remember me.

唐:嗨,柔丝,我是唐。你大概不记得我了。

Rose:   Don. You're Herb's friend. We met at your bar.

柔丝:   唐,你是赫伯的朋友嘛。我们在你的酒吧里见过。

Don:   Right. Well, Herb just got a promotion. He's moving to Hsinchu.

唐:没错。嗯,赫伯刚升官。他要搬到新竹去了。

Rose: Oh, um, uhh……good for him.

柔丝:   哦,……他这样不错啊。

Don:So I'm having a surprise 1) farewell party for him. Please come!

唐:所以我要偷偷帮他办个欢送会。请务必要来!

Rose:   When is it?

柔丝: 什么时候?

Don:It's next Friday at 8:00 p.m., at my bar. Bring friends if you want.

唐:下周五晚上八点,在我的酒吧里。假如你愿意的话,可以带朋友来。

语言详解

A: I hate to say farewell, but my plane is about to take off.

我最恨说再见,不过我的飞机快要起飞了。

B: See you next year!

明年见!

「probably 大概」

probably表示大概,是常见的口语。如:

A:I lost my wallet.

我的皮夹丢了。

B:Retrace your steps, and you'll probably find it.

循原路找回去,八成就能找到了。

A:We waited at the border for an hour.

我们在边界上等了一个小时。

B:That's probably due to newly tightened security.

那或许是因为最近安检比较严。

1) farewell (a.) 送别的

赞 ()
分享到:更多 ()

相关推荐

后台-系统设置-扩展变量-手机广告位-内容页底部广告位3
留言与评论(共有 0 条评论)
   
验证码: