616. This house is for rent. 此房出租。
617. It's really a bargain. 租金很便宜。
618. I want to rent a furnished house. 我想要有家具的房子。
619. That house is for sale. It has central heating. 此房出售,房子里有供暖设备。
620. What kind of furniture do you like? 你喜欢什么样的家具?
621. This is a rather old house. It needs painting. 这房子挺旧的,得刷一下才行。
622. I want an apartment with two bedrooms and a kitchen. 我想要一套有两间卧室和一个厨房的公寓。
623. The houses downtown are very expensive. 市区的房子很贵。
624. How much is the rent for a month? 每月租金多少?
625. I feel at home living here. The landlady is very kind to me. 我觉得住在这里象在家里一样。房东太太对我很好。
626. We have a few kitchen things and a dining room set. 我们有一些厨房用具和一套餐厅设备。
627. There's no gas range in the kitchen, but you can use the electric
stove. 厨房里没有煤气灶,但你可以用电炉。
628. There is a shower in the bathroom. 浴室里有淋浴器。
629. I have a dog, but it's very quiet. 我有一只狗,不过它很安静。
630. The room has a big closet. You can put your baggage in it. 房间里有一个很大的壁橱,你可以把你的行李放进去。
四十三、 Talking About Dressing 谈论衣着
631. What will you wear for the party? 晚会上你穿什么?
632. I'll wear my blue dress. 我会穿我的兰色裙子。
633. Don't you think it's too formal? 你不觉得太正式了吗?
634. Why? What will you wear? 为什么?你会穿什么?
635. Just my shirt and jeans. 我就穿衬衣和牛仔裤。
636. You should have your suit cleaned and ironed. 你应该把你的套装拿去洗烫一下。
637. You'd better put on your jacket. It's cold outside. 你最好穿上夹克,外面冷。
638. The blouse no longer fits me. 这件衬衣不再合我身了。
639. My son has outgrown these trousers. 我儿子已经长的穿不了这条裤子了。
640. The shoes are worn-out. 这鞋已经不能穿了。
641. I don't like wearing the uniform. 我不喜欢穿制服。
642. Do you want to change before the banquet? 宴会前你想换衣服吗?
643. Your shoe lace is loose. 你的鞋带松了。
644. You forgot to fasten the collar buttons. 你忘了系鞋带。
645. Take off your hat. It doesn't fit. 取下你的帽子,它不适合你。
四十四、 Expressing Different Opinions 表达不同的观点
646. He is a very creative student. 他是个很有创造力的学生。
647. What you have said about this is very interesting. 你说的很有意思。
648. I cannot agree with you on this point. 在这一点上,我不能同意你的意见。
649. You've got the point. 你抓住了问题的实质。
650. That's the point. 这正是问题的关键。
651. The whole class is in a heated discussion. 全班同学正在热烈讨论。
652. Let's just run through the arguments for and against. 我们来看一下赞成和反对的理由。
653. Please sum up what you said just now. 请把你刚才说的总结一下。
654. Has anybody else anything to say on this? 关于这点,谁还有什么别的要说吗?
655. Does anybody share David's opinion? 有谁同意大卫的观点吗?
656. Is there any evidence to support what you have said? 有什么证据可以支持你的说法吗?
657. Well, it depends. 这得视情况而定。
658. I don't think it's necessary for us to discuss this question any
further. 我想我们没有必要进一步讨论这个问题。
659. There are always two sides to everything. 每件是都有两面性。
660. Finally, we came to an agreement. 最后我们达成了一致。
四十五、 About Things In The future 考虑将来可能从事的活动
661. I want to be a journalist after graduation. 毕业后我想当记者。
662. If it doesn't rain tomorrow, we'll have a picnic. 如果明天不下雨,我们就去野餐。
663. As soon as he comes, we'll let him know. 他一来,我们就告诉他。
664. You can stay as long as you pay the rent on time. 只要你按时交房租,你就能住这儿。
665. When she leaves, he'll cry for a day. 她走时,他会哭一天。
666. She will go into business when she likes to. 她想经商时就会去经商。
667. I'll leave for London if I finish my work today. 如果我今天完成工作,我就会去伦敦。
668. I'll work for 5 years and then go back to school. 我会工作五年,然后会学校。
669. He will become a writer if he goes on doing well in writing. 如果他仍写的这么好的话,他将成为一个作家。
670. I hope he will meet me at the airport. 我希望他能到机场接我。
671. I'm thinking of quitting the job. 我在考虑辞职。
672. I plan to learn photography. 我打算学摄影。
673. What do you say we have a party this weekend? 我们周末开个派对,你觉得怎么样?
674. She will certainly remain single. 她肯定会保持独身。
675. He will probably follow in his father's footsteps. 他可能会继承父业。
四十六、 Things That Might Have Happened 可能发生的事
676. I would have had a much better holiday if I had stayed at home. 我要是呆在家里的话,假期会好过的多。
677. What have you been doing since I saw you last time? 自从我上次见到你以后你都在干什么?
678. If I had got enough money yesterday, I would have bought that tape. 如果我昨天钱够的话,我就买了那盒磁带了。
679. Looking back on it, I think I shouldn't have given up the contest so easily. 回过头来看,我想我不应该如此轻易的放弃那次比赛。
680. Had I taken a taxi, I wouldn't have been late. 如果我打的去的话就不会迟到了。
681. Even if you take the exam again, you won't pass it. 就算再考一次你也通不过。
682. Even if you had given him much more money, he might not have paid off the debt. 就算你给了他更多的钱,他也还不清债务。
683. What would you have done if you hadn't gone out for a picnic yesterday? 如果你昨天没有出去野餐的话。你会干什么?
684. I wish I had told him the truth. 我真希望我把真相告诉了他。
685. I wish you hadn't cheated me. 我希望你没有欺骗我。
686. If it had been fine, we would have gone to the park. 如果天气好的话,我们就去公园了。
687. Would he have seen you if you hadn't waved to him? 如果你没有朝他挥手,他能看见你吗?
688. You should have studied much harder. 你本应该更努力的学习。
689. I had thought about arguing with the teacher about that, but I didn't have enough courage. 我本想和老师争论那个问题,但我没有足够的勇气。
690. I had thought about living with my grandparents when my parents went abroad last year. 当我的父母去年出国的时候,我本想和我的祖父母住在一起。