问主人的意思。
Pull over! 把车子开到旁边。
Drop me a line! 写封信给我。
Give me a ring. = Call me! 来个电话吧!
For here or to go?堂食或外卖。
cool; That’s cool! 等于国内年轻人常用的囗语“酷!”,表示不赖嘛!用于人或事均可。
What’s up? = What’s happening? = What’s new? 见面时随囗问候的话“最近在忙什么?有什么新鲜
事吗?一般的回答是“Nothing much!” 或“Nothing new!”
Cut it out! = Knock it out!= Stop it! 少来这一套!同学之间开玩笑的话。
Don’t give me a hard time! 别跟我过不去好不好!
Get yourself together! 振作点行不行!
Do you have the time? 现在几点钟?(可别误以为人家要约你出去。)
Hang in there. = Don’t give up. = Keep trying. 再撑一下。
Give me a break ! 你饶了我吧!(开玩笑的话)
Hang on. 请稍候。
Blow it. = Screw up. 搞砸了。
What a big hassle. 真是个麻烦事。
What a crummy day. 多倒霉的一天。
Go for it. 加油
You bet. = Of course. 当然;看我的!
Wishful thinking. 一厢情愿的想法。
Don’t be so fussy! 别那么挑剔好不好。
It’s a long story. 唉!说来话长。
How have you been? = How are you doing? 你过得如何?近来可好?
Take things for granted. 自以为理所当然。
Don’t put on airs. 别摆架子。
Don’t be so fussy! 别那么挑剔好不好!
Give me a lift! = Give me a ride! 送我一程吧!
Have a crush on someone. 迷恋某人。
What’s the catch? 有什么内幕?
Party animal. 开Party狂的人(喜欢叁加舞会的人)。
Pain in the neck. =Pain in the ass. 讨厌的东西、人或事。
Skeleton in the closet. 家丑
Don’t get on my nerve! 别把我惹毛了!
Afat chance. =A poor chance. 机会很小。
Don’t put on airs! 别摆架子!
I am racking my brains. 我正在绞尽脑汁。
She’s a real drag. 她真有点碍手碍脚。
Spacingout.=daydreaming. 做白日梦。
I am so fed up. 我受够了!
It doesn’t go with your dress. 跟你的衣服不配。
What’s the point? = What are you trying to say? 你的重点是什么?
By all means.=Definitely. 一定是。
steam 蒸 poach水煮 boil 煮 toast 烤(面包)grill烤、的煎 roast(duck)烘烤、红烧、(烤鸭
)braise 油炸过用温火炖 pure 煮成浓汤 broil 烧、烤 season 加调味料 panbroil用浅锅烧烤
seasoning 调味料 fry 炸、炒 dressing 沙拉酱 bake 烤 gravy 肉 saute 用温火慢炒 appetizer 饭前
菜、小菜 stew 炖、焖、红烧 entree主菜 simmer慢炖、煨 snack 点心、小点 stir fry 快炒、大火炒
marinate 腌、用卤泡,卤 smoke 熏
Let’s get a bite. = Let’s go eat. 去吃点东西吧!
I’ll buy you a lunch (a drink; a dinner). = It’s on me. =My treat. 我请客
Let’s go dutch. 各付各的
My stomach is upset. 我的胃不舒服
diarrhea 拉肚子
吃牛排时,waitor 会问“How would you like it ?”就是问“要几分熟?”的意思,可以选择rare,
medium 或well-done。
I am under the weather. =I am not feeling well. 我不太舒服!
May I take a rain check? 可不可改到下次?(例如有人请你吃饭,你未能赴约,只好请他改到下一
次。)
I am not myself today. 我今天什么都不对劲!
Let’s get it straight. 咱们把事情弄清楚!
What’s the rush! 急什么!
Such a fruitcake! 神经病!