Working Mother 职场母亲
dialogue 1
Jesska: We all admire your career success. You must be proud of yourself for achieving so much at work.
我们都很敬佩你。工作上取得这么多成就,你一定为自己感到很骄傲吧.
Abble:Yes I'm also proud of being the mother of two girls.
是的,我还为自己身为两个女孩的母亲而感到骄傲。
J: I didn't know you are a mother of two. How do you strike a balance between work and family?
我不知道你有两个女儿.你是怎样平衡工作和家庭的?
A: Well, my husband shares a lot of the housework and childcare responsibilities so I can focus more on my career
我的丈夫帮我分担了很多家务,帮我照顾孩子,这样我就可以有更多精力放在工作
J: That's good. Do you find enough timc to be with the kids?
挺好的。你有足够的时间陪孩子吗?
A: Not really, sometimes my kids complain about my being around so little. So no matter how
busy I am everyday I will set aside some time to be with them.
没有,有时候我的孩子也会抱怨我陪她们的时间太少了.斫以不管我每天有多忙,我都会抽出时间来和她们待一会.
J: Do they understand your situation?
那她们理解你的难处吗?
A: Yes. they all show much understanding of my work. lf I happen to be too busy to help them with their homework one day or another, they'II ask my husband instead.
理解,她们都对我的工作表示理解.如果哪天我很忙没空帮她们辅导作业,她们会找我丈夫帮忙.
J: Oh, it's incredible that you can still help the kids witb their studies after a whole day's stressful work
劳累了一天,你竟然还能帮孩子们做作业,太不可思议了。
A: Yeah. I' m tired after work But when I see the kids' shining smile, all the pressure and trouble at work goes away'
是啊,下班之后我挺累的,但是一看到孩子们灿烂的笑容,工作上的压力和烦恼就都不见了.
dialogue 2
J: hey, how's your one year old?
你那一岁的孩子怎么样了?
A: she's great, thanks!
挺好的,谢谢.
J: that's good. Since everything is fine, have you considered going out to work?
好,既然一切都挺顺利,你想没想过出来工作?
A: yeah, I've spent a whole month hunting a job, but many companies just turn me down.
想过啊,我找了一个月的工作了,但是很多公司都拒绝我了.
J: maybe they're worrying that a new mother may not concentrate totally on her work.
也许他们是担心你刚当了妈妈,不能全身心投入到工作中.
A: yeah, I think so. To tell you the truth, I'm also worrying about this.
没错,说实话,我自己也挺担心这一点的.
J: yeah, being a working mother is more challenging than being a stay-at-home mom. There's a lot more to deal with at the workplace.
是啊,做一个职场母亲可比专心在家带孩子难多了,工作中有更多的事情需要处理.
A: sometimes when I imagine leaving my baby with the nanny, I'm not feeling comfortable.
有时候我一想到要把孩子留给保姆,就觉得不舒服.
J: then if it really happens, you may find yourself upset and stressful at work.
那如果你真的出去工作的话,上班的时候你可能会觉得很不安,很有压力.
A: you're right. I'm not so good at dealing with stress. So I'm not sure whether I can handle it or not.
你说的对.我不太擅长应对压力,我也不知道能不能应对得了.
J: perhaps it's a little early for you to start working. You may wait till the kid grows up.
也许现在出去工作有一点早,你可以等孩子长大一些再考虑.
A: good idea. I'll consider going back to work when the kid enters kindergarten.
好主意,我得想想是不是等孩子上了幼儿园再出去上班.
J: by then, you'll be fully prepared to re-start your career
等孩子上了幼儿园,你就该准备好重新在职场打拼了.
A: thanks you for your advice.
谢谢你的建议.