英语驿站

老外最想聊的100个英语口语话题(83):SOHO一族

老外最想聊的100个英语口语话题(83):SOHO一族

SOHO SOHO 一族
 
dialogue1
 
E: I haven't met you at the gym for a long time.
 好久没在健身俱乐部看见你了.
 
B: yeah, I quit my job, and started working from home. Recently I've got a project to deal with and don't have much time to work out.
 是啊,我辞职了,在家里工作.最近在忙一个项目,没时间出来锻炼.
 
E: why? You have a decent salary, lots of promotion opportunities and a regular life of going to the office at 9 o' clock and coming back home at 5 in the evening.
 为什么辞职?你原来的工资不错,升职机会多,朝九晚五的生活也很规律.
 
B: it's not about pay raise or promotion. You know,I hate getting up early in the morning and coming back home late at night.
 我辞职不是为了加薪或者升职,要知道,我讨厌每天早早起床,却很晚才回家.
 
E: then SOHO is your ideal work style.
 那SOHO是你理想工作模式.
 
B: yeah, as long as I have a computer and internet access, I can start working. I recently enjoy working in my own place and at my own pace.
 没错,只要我有太电脑,能上网,就可以工作.我喜欢在自己家里按自己的节拍工作.
 
E: and you don't have to work under that much pressure and control.
 而且还没那么多压力,不用受人控制.
 
B: absolutely. I can decide when and what to do all by myself.
 就是,我想做什么,什么时候做,都可以自己决定.
 
E: sounds great. Are there many business opportunies?
 听起来不错.生意机会多不多?
 
B: yea, I can find enough online.
 恩,在网上能找到很多机会.
 
E: it's good to have business around. But you should also do some exercise to keep fit.
 有生意就好.可你也得锻炼,保持身体健康啊.
 
B: thank you for reminding me. I'll continue to exercise as soon as I finish this project.
谢谢你提醒我.这个项目一做完我就会继续锻炼身体了.

dialogue 2
 
E:hey, the new SOHO. How's everything going?
 嘿,SOHO新人.最近怎么样?
 
B:everything's great.I've just returned from my office.
 挺好的.我刚从办公室回来.
 
E: your office?Aren't you a freelancer?
 办公室?你不是做自由职业吗?
 
B: sure I am. I work for myself, but I've rented a virtual office at an office building in the downtown area.
 是啊.我给自己打工,但在市中心一个写字楼里租了虚拟办公室.
 
E: a virtual office?
 虚拟办公室?
 
B: yeah, an office that runs efficiently by using nothing other than online communication technologies. I pay the rent and share office services with others in the same building.
 对,靠网络通讯技术高效办公.我付租金就可以和楼里的其他办公室共享各种办公服务.
 
E: what kind of services do they offer?
 都有什么服务?
 
B: a separated office, internet access, phone services, fax services, mail & courier services, and almost everything you have in a conventional office.
 一间独立的办公室,网络连接,电话,传真,收发信件,和传统办公室差不多.
 
E: sounds fun.what else?
 挺有意思.还有别的服务吗?
 
B: I get a business address at an expensive location, and I can share the receptionist and secretary with other offices in the same floor.
 可以使用昂贵地段的地址,和同一层的办公室共享前台和秘书服务.
 
E: oh, that helps a lot to promote your "corporate image".
 哦,能帮你提升"企业形象"呢.
 
B: you bet it!
没错!
 

赞 ()
分享到:更多 ()

相关推荐

后台-系统设置-扩展变量-手机广告位-内容页底部广告位3
留言与评论(共有 0 条评论)
   
验证码: