“这是一个无论我走到世界的哪个角落,都会想念的城市。如果我出去了10多天,我就会想回家。”
最近在国外的社交媒体上流传着这么一段视频,英语老师出身的马云用略带口音,却流畅清晰的英文细数了杭州的各种好,并畅谈G20。
马云爸爸既没有标准的美国腔,也没有标准的伦敦音,用词也都简单易懂(甚至可以说是基础),但这并不妨碍他做出一番精彩的演讲。
英大觉得这其实是中国人学英语的最好范本,因为对于大多数人来说口音是无法根除的,与其将大把的时间和精力用来模仿另一个国家,不如用来积累和沉淀。
当你能像马云爸爸一样做到口脑一致、流畅表达、自信满满,即使你有你的口音,一样能让老外觉得和你交流很轻松。英语是一门世界通用的工具,不是美国人和英国人的专利,我们就是我们,为什么要用一个特定的腔调伪装成别人呢?“中国英语”不一定非得是个贬义词。
况且,放眼世界,有很多英语很好的成功人士都并不追求所谓的纯正口音。
比如联合国秘书长潘基文:
曾在白宫搞了脱口秀的央视主持人黄西:
咱们曾经的外交部长傅莹:
以及被母校剑桥大学拿来为一个园命名的凤凰卫视主持人傅晓田:
不过,还是有几点要注意,有些错误发音会让老外觉得annoying,这样会妨碍对方理解你。
而马云爸爸很好地回避了这几点:比如许多人直接用s来代替th,这是非常不好的;而把v发成w的音也会让英语母语者觉得费解,v其实是f的浊音,发音的时候上门牙要咬着下嘴唇震动;还有类似ability这样有好多i的词,第1个i之后的i们发音时其实应该松一些,发得类似e,这一点也可以从马云爸爸的讲话中听出来。
OK,以下是英大倾情奉献的双语字幕,需要的同学不妨研读研读吧。
杭州的历史意义:
Hangzhou is lucky enough to be one of the first group of cities open to the world.
杭州有幸能够成为(中国)首批向世界开放的城市。杭州有幸能够成为(中国)首批向世界开放的城市。
Because Nixon and Mao Zedong signed the Agreement.
这源于尼克松和毛泽东推动签署的中美《联合公报》。
So they made Hangzhou open to the world.
是他们的努力让杭州向世界敞开了大门。
1972,when Mao Zedong and President Nixon had decided to make China and USA agree to work together to be the bright futre.
1972年,毛泽东与(时任)美国总统尼克松达成共识,中美将携手开创美好未来。
Both leaders actually had a lot of wonderful negociations done in Hangzhou.
实际上,两国领导人之间大量的友好磋商是在杭州进行的。
The document was made in Hangzhou and announced in Shanghai.
而《联合公报》也是在杭州起草并最终在上海发布。
This is historically the meaningful...... a very meaningful city, a great city that made the West and the East meet together, made the great leaders of the East and the West sit down together and discuss for the future.
这是一座富有历史意义的城市,一座让东西交融的城市。让东方和西方的领导人们坐在一起,共商未来。
给20国集团(G20)领导人的信息
I think this G20 Meeting has high expectations from the world. Especially at this moment of the world economy.
我认为全球对这次G20峰会抱有很高期望。尤其是对当下的世界经济而言。
A lot people don't like globalization.
许多人不认同全球化。
And I personally believe globalization is a great thing for the world.[/en
]而我认为全球化对世界而言是一件伟大的事情。
[en]The only thing is that: how we can improve globalization to enable more small business, more young people to get involved.
唯一的问题是要如何提升全球化来让更多中小企业和更多年轻人参与其中。
What if we can use a new mechanism, a new technology to enable 1 billion, or 2 billion, or 3 billion people to do trade.
如果我们用新机制和新技术让10亿人、20亿人、30亿人,甚至更多的人参与全球贸易,那会怎样?
EWTP - Electronic World Trade Platform
I think the EWTP should be sponsored and enforced by the business,and supported by the government.
我认为EWTP应该由企业发起和主导,同时由政府来提供支持。
If we can build up a platform that can enable small business and young people to do a free trade in a open...... a fair trade globally.
因此,如果我们可以打造出一个平台,让中小企业、年轻人能够在全球进行自由、开放和公平的贸易。
This's gonna be very foundamental for the next 20 or 30 years of World Economy and for the century.
这会让全球经济在未来20年或30年,甚至在本世纪发生根本性的变化。
And I think we are very proud to get involved for this G20 and B20 for our ideas.
我们很高兴能够参加此次G20和B20峰会并发出这样的倡议。
It is an idea and we'll continue to work, to move forward by this great event.
这是一个设想,我们将继续通过这一盛会来推进。
阿里巴巴为何把总部设在杭州
People keep on asking me why Alibaba is not in Beijing, why not in Shanghai. (But) in Hangzhou.
人们总是在问我,阿里巴巴为什么不把总部放在北京或者上海,而是在杭州。
Not because it is a city that is my hometown.
是因为这座城市不仅是我的家乡。
Because this city has entrepreneurship. It's so friendly to private sectors.
它还拥有创业精神,包容民营企业的发展。
And people here are well educated.
更聚集了大量的优秀人才。
Beijing, at that time, the government there, the people there, they like SOE - the State Owned Business.
而彼时的北京,人们更追捧国有企业。
Shanghai, they like multi-national companies.
在上海,跨国公司更受青睐。
In our city, we like entrepreneurship.
而我们所在的这个城市喜欢创业精神。
We like people from nothing, building it up.
尊重白手起家的人。
So I think we got great talents.
我们有优秀的人才。
We got good environment.
我们有良好的环境。
And we got the great culture, that, fighting for the future.
更有为未来拼搏的伟大文化。
杭州助力推动中国新经济
We are a pretty small city with only close to 9 million people.
杭州规模不大,只有近900万人口。
But Hangzhou is so powerful, so influential to China Economy, to China Culture.
但杭州却对中国经济与中国文化有着巨大的影响力。
Because in Song Dynasty, 1000 years ago, we were the capital of China.
早在1000年前的宋朝,杭州曾是中国的首都。
And at that time we were the most splendid and prosperous city in China.
在那个时候,杭州就是中国最辉煌、最辉煌的城市。
Hangzhou, today, has become the driving force of China New Economy because of e-commerce, because of Alibaba.
今天,杭州已经成为中国新经济的推动力量,这得益于电子商务的发展。
We are now more than 70% of the e-commerce in China.
阿里巴巴发展至今,在中国的电子商务领域已有超过70%的市场份额。
We creat more than 3 trillion RMB which is close to 500 billion US dollars, GMV.
一年创造的商品交易总额(GMV)超过了3万亿人民币,也就是接近5000亿美元。
That really pumped up the Chinese domestic demanding.
这确确实实提振了中国的内需市场。
And because of the e-commerce development, the Internet development, there are a lot of young people who are interested in e-commerce, interested in Internet business. They all come to the city.
由于电子商务的发展、城市互联网的发展,许多对电子商务和互联网感兴趣的年轻人纷至沓来。
This city has become the center of inspiration, the center of innovation and the center of the "New Economy Entrepreneurship".
这座城市已经成为灵感中心、创新中心和新经济中心。
Because of the G20 and B20, I want Hangzhou to be a city more friendly to the world.
通过G20峰会和B20峰会,我希望杭州成为一座对世界更友好的城市。
And people coming here bring new ideas and benefit from this culture and understand China better.
参会的嘉宾会带来新的理念,也能从这种城市的文明中更好地了解中国。
I feel so proud of city. that, no matter, wherever in the world I go I always miss it.
我为杭州感到骄傲,无论我走到世界的哪个角落,我总是会想念它。
You know, every 10 days, 15 days, I wanna be back.
每隔10天、15天,我就会想回家。
(中文字幕取自视频字幕)