英语驿站

口腔护士英语怎么说 为看牙做准备英文翻译

口腔护士英语怎么说 为看牙做准备英文翻译


GOING TO THE DENTIST

看牙

I. Getting Ready for the Dentist 为看牙做准备

Mom: Good morning, today you and your brother have a dentist appointment.

妈妈:早上好,今天约好了带你和哥哥去看牙。

看牙医需要预约的情况在美国比较普遍,在不需要预约的中国国情下,可以说:

Today you are going to the dentist.

Today you are going to see the dentist.

Today you are going to have a checkup with the dentist.

Child One: I don‘t want to go to the dentist.

孩子一:我不想看牙。

Mom: Oh no, why not?

妈妈:啊,为什么呀?

Child One: I don‘t like it.

孩子一:我不喜欢。

Mom: I know but we need to go so the dentist can check your teeth for cavities.

妈妈:我知道,但是咱们去了牙医才能检查你的牙齿,看看有没有蛀牙啊。

Cavities读作[‘kævətis]。


You will get to sit in a big chair and then the dentist will give you a big sticker when you are all done!

你可以坐在一个大椅子上,看完牙以后,牙医会给你一个大大的贴画!

因为椅子大,所以这里用in,普通的椅子用on。

Child One: Okay, I will go, but will you stay with me and hold my hand?

孩子一:好的,我去,但是你会陪着我,拉着我的手吗?

Mom: Yes, of course I will.

妈妈:好的,我肯定会的。

II. Waiting for the Dentist 等待看牙

Mom: There is the dentist‘s office.

这里是牙医的办公室。

如果医生是在某诊室,用:

There is Consulting Room 2.

这里是2号诊室。

Let‘s go tell the nice lady at the front desk that we are here.

咱们去告诉前台的阿姨咱们到了。

(1) 英语里喜欢和孩子说nice lady、nice man来增加孩子对即将接触的大人的亲切感。

(2) Front desk = reception = reception desk 前台

Then, we have to wait for them to call our number.

然后咱们等着他们叫咱们的号。

Here is the waiting room with chairs to sit on.

这个是候诊室,有椅子可以坐。


There are some books and magazines we can read while we wait.

这里有一些书和杂志,咱们等着的时候可以看。

Look, there are even some toys to play with.

看,那边还有玩具可以玩。

Receptionist: The dentist is ready to see you now.

前台:牙医现在可以给你们看了。

III. Getting a Checkup at the Dentist 检查牙齿

Dentist: Hello! How are you today?

牙医:你好!你今天怎么样?

Can you climb onto this big chair for me so I can look at your teeth?

你能爬到大椅子上,让我给你看看牙吗?

(1) Climb通常与onto连用。

(2) 中文里说“你给我”怎样怎样会显得你生气了,是一种不礼貌的说法,但在英文里说for me是很正常的。

I‘m just going to have a look with this little mirror, is that okay?

我一会儿就用这个小镜子看,好吗?

Great, now I need you to open your mouth really wide for me so I can see those teeth.

好的,现在我需要你把嘴张得特别大,这样我才能看见牙。


They look great!

看着还不错!

There‘re no holes in your teeth.

你的牙齿上没有洞洞。

通常用There‘re no holes in your teeth,而不是There‘s no hole in your teeth。

You‘re doing a good job brushing them.

你牙刷得不错。

Now I‘m going to clean your teeth with these special tools.

现在我要用这些特殊的工具给你洗牙。

洗牙英文里不说wash your teeth,而说clean your teeth。


They might tickle your mouth a little.

它们可能会让你的嘴有点痒痒。

And then I will put some fluoride on your teeth to keep them healthy and strong.

然后我会在你的牙上涂氟,让它们更健康、更坚固。

(1) Fluoride读作[‘flɔraid]。

(2) 比较一下几个表达牙齿坚固的词:

Strong:整体牙齿健康、坚固

Firm:指牙结实地长在牙龈里,如:

Since you are young, your teeth are firm in your gum.

因为你还年轻,牙齿坚固地长在牙龈里。

Sturdy: 指牙齿密度大,能咬硬的东西。

Your teeth are not sturdy enough to bite it open.

你牙齿没那么坚固,别想着用牙把它咬开。


Well done! Here is your sticker.

好样的!给你一个小贴画。

Child One: Thank you!

孩子一:谢谢您!

Mom: You were a very brave girl.

妈妈:你很勇敢。

用过去时were表达孩子“刚才”的表现很勇敢。

I am very proud of you.

我真为你骄傲。

Now it‘s your brother‘s turn.

现在该你哥哥了。

IV. Getting a Filling 补牙

以下内容改编自Usborne绘本Going to the Dentist Sticker Book,原著为英式英语,本文为美式英语。

Dentist: I found a hole in one of your teeth.

牙医:我发现你的一颗牙上有洞。

You need a filling.

你得补牙。

I‘ll rub on some anesthetic to make your tooth numb.

我会给你抹一些麻药,让牙失去知觉。

(1) Anesthetic读作[,ænis‘θɛtik]。

(2) 涂药通常用rub,但涂护肤霜通常用put。

Let me clean the bad part of your tooth.

我把牙上坏的部分清理好。


Child Two: What‘s this tube for?

孩子二:这个管子是干什么用的?

Nurse: The suction tube will keep your mouth dry.

护士:这个吸气管能让你的嘴保持干燥。


Here is the filling material.

这些是填充物。

如果是一种填充材料用material,如果是多种,用materials。

The dentist will put the filling into the hole.

牙医会把填充物填到洞里。

Dentist: All done! No more toothache now.

牙医:好了!以后就不会牙疼了。

Have some mouthwash. Rinse and spit!

含一口漱口水。漱一漱,然后吐掉!

V. Taking Care of Teeth 爱护牙齿

Dentist: I‘ll show you how to take care of your teeth and what will happen if you don‘t take care of them properly.

牙医:我来教你们如何爱护牙齿,还有如果不好好爱护牙齿会怎样。


Take care of是爱护;protect是保护,如:

The fluoride in the toothpaste helps protect our teeth.

牙膏里的氟可以帮助保护我们的牙齿。


Sweets and sodas are bad for teeth.

甜食和碳酸饮料对牙齿不好。

Sweet和soda的复数形式指各种类型甜食和碳酸饮料。

英式英语用sweet foods和fizzy drinks。


Nurse: Let me show you how to brush your teeth correctly.

护士:我来教你们正确的刷牙方法。

Dentist: Remember to brush your teeth every night before bed and every morning after breakfast.

牙医:记住每天晚上上床之前、早上吃早餐之后要刷牙。

这里是有文化差异的,咱们中国人大多数是在起床后,也就是早饭前刷牙,但西方人通常是早饭后刷牙。

We‘ll see you next time.

咱们下次再见。

附:美国老师带孩子们学习牙齿的创意游戏

游戏流程如下:

1. 准备一张A4纸,剪出一条3-4cm宽的纸条备用;

2. 在余下的纸上画出一颗牙齿的形状,然后用剪刀沿线剪下;

3. 在备用纸条上写上问题,将多余部分剪掉后,贴在牙齿卡片上。

4. 开动脑筋,在便利贴上写下问题的答案。

问题1:What do we use our teeth for?

答案:chew, say sounds, smile, bite, talk, eat, whisper


问题2:How do we keep our teeth healthy?

答案:brush our teeth, eat healthy food, drink milk, floss, go to the dentist, rinse, protect them, mouth wash


问题3:What foods are bad for our teeth?

答案:candy, soda, gum, brownies, sweets and goodies, sugar, ice cream, popcorn

赞 ()
分享到:更多 ()

相关推荐

后台-系统设置-扩展变量-手机广告位-内容页底部广告位3
留言与评论(共有 0 条评论)
   
验证码: