You can‘t condemn him forsomething he hasn‘t done.
你不能给他加上莫须有的罪名。
(1) condemn sb. for sth. “因……谴责……”
18
Juli Baker had always just seemed plainto me.
朱莉▪贝克原本在我心里毫不起眼。
(1) plain “相貌平平的,无姿色的”,委婉说法
19
I‘m tired of having to take temp jobs just to make ends meet.
我受够了为了维持生计不得不去打零工。
(1) temp “临时雇员,临时工”
(2) take temp jobs “打零工”
(3) make ends meet “使收支仅能相抵,勉强维持生计”
20
Do you think this is the life I picturedfor us?
你以为这是我想要的生活吗?
(1) picture “想象,设想”
21
The apple doesn‘t fall far from the tree.
有其父必有其子。
(1) the apple doesn‘t fall far from the tree是一个美式习语,表示“有其父必有其子”
22
He‘d crossed the line.
他已经越界了。
(1) cross the line “越界,过分”
23
Sunday mornings are peaceful in our house. My dad lets himself sleep in.
每到周日早晨,我家就充满祥和宁静,爸爸会睡到自然醒。
(1) sleep in “睡懒觉,睡到自然醒”
24
but I could see it meant a lotto my mother.
但我知道,对妈妈来说这很重要。
(1) mean “重要,意义重大”
(2) mean a lot to sb. “对某人来说很重要,对某人来说很有意义”