英语驿站

她放我鸽子的表达

她放我鸽子的表达

 Sue:   Well, how did it go last night?

苏:怎么样,昨天晚上怎么样?

Rose:  It went OK.

苏:还好。

Sue:   What does that mean? Did you meet that young girl?

苏:这是什么意思?你有没有见到那个小女孩?

Rose:  No, she 1) stood me up. And she didn't send me an e-mail to say why.

柔丝: 没有,她放我鸽子,而且也没有寄电子邮件告诉我怎么回事。

Sue:So did you go home?

苏:所以你就回家了?

Rose:  No. I stayed to have a 2)  drink.

柔丝: 没有。我留下来喝了一杯。

Sue:A drink? Do you mean an 3) alcoholic drink? But Rose, you don't drink!

苏:喝一杯?你是说喝酒吗?但是,柔丝,你不喝酒啊!

语言详解

A: Are beverages included in the price?

这个价钱有包括饮料吗?

B: Yes. But only non-alcoholic ones.

有。但是只限非酒精饮料。

「to stand someone up 放(某人)鸽子」

当你跟人约会,在约定的时间地点却没看到对方,就可以说I was stood up. 我被放鸽子。或是He stood me up.他放我鸽子。

A:  I waited for him for an hour! He never came!

我等了他一个小时!他都没来!

B:  He stood you up again?

他又放你鸽子了?

A:  Can't you go out with her another day?

你不能改天再跟她出去吗?

B:  It's too late to cancel, and I don't want to stand her up.

现在取消太迟了,而我不想放她鸽子。

1) stand……up 放(某人)鸽子,跟(某人)约会却没有出现,stood 是 stand 的过去式。

2) drink  (n.,v.) 酒(饮料),喝(酒)

3) alcoholic (a.) 酒精的

赞 ()
分享到:更多 ()

相关推荐

后台-系统设置-扩展变量-手机广告位-内容页底部广告位3
留言与评论(共有 0 条评论)
   
验证码: